Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Success

1. How do you define success now?

I define success now as how well I am doing in many different area of my life. I look at my accomplishments mainly in school and my sports. If I have improved any area then I could that as success. Even if the change is small it can still be counted as success for me because I will know that I have improved in some way.

2. How will you define it in your adult life?

My success in my adult life will be based a lot on my career but not on the whole. It will also be measured in my health and my happiness. Even if my job is not great, if I am in a good relationship or have a ton of great friends then I will still consider myself successful.

3. How do you measure success?

I measure success mainly in my accomplishments. Success in school will be keeping my grades as high as possible or receiving an award. My feelings of success in swimming will be placing well at a swim meet but mostly depend upon improving my time in anyway. Success in my sports is also on completing a hard practise or a really tough set, knowing that I've pushed myself to finish is success for me.

4. With Consideration of our discussion about secrets to success, in which area(s) are you the strongest and in which area are you the weakest?

Looking at the keys to success my strongest is my ambition. I am a very driven person. As someone said, "It's not that I love to win, it's that I hate to lose", this is excatly the way I feel. This is what my coach tells me every day before I get into the pool and it drives me duing my practise because I know that with my effort will come results. I love the feeling of success and I hate the feeling of dissapointment. My weakest is my attitude. I easily get annoyed with different activities and if it's a really hard set or practise it takes a lot to get me in tht pool and actually trying my best.

5. Is there anything else you think should be considered as a "secret" to success?

I think that 'Determination' or 'Persistance' could be added to the list. Both of these things can be key factors in a presons success. Determination shows how much a person wants to do well or to be successful. Persistance can deeply influence success becuase the more persistent you are the more time and energy you will put into your activity.

6. What would you consider a personal success in the following areas, during your grade 10 year?

School:
- Keeping my marks at an A level
- Helping in the school fashion show and having a good collection

Family/Friends:
- Avoiding arguments/handling disagreements well
- Have a ton of fun with my friends

Personal Health/Sports:
- Getting my time in swimming so that I can go to Junior Nationals
- Doing harder practises and enjoy them, knowing that I'm improving
- Participate in more school sports