Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Teenage Pregnancy

Female Perspective

1. What would you do if you were pregnant?

If I got pregnant while still in high school I would most likely put the child up for adoption. I couldn't kill the unborn baby and not let the baby live because that totally goes against my belief that everything should have the right to live. I would have to put it up for adoption because there is no way that I would be able to properly care for a baby, unless I dropped out of high school. I think that my education need to be complete and the baby needs to be raised by people who are at the right stage in their lives for a baby and that maybe can't get pregnant and really want to have a child.

2. Would you tell the baby's father? Why or why not?

I would tell the baby's father. I would have to because hopefully he would support me with my pregnancy and help me through it. I would hope that he would be there for me but if he wasn't then there wasn't any harm in telling him.

3. How would having a child affect your life?

Having a child would affect my life in many ways. It would be an emotional blow to have to give up the child. It would be hard being pregnant at school and it would definitely not be a confident booster. It would also be hard for the rest of my life because I would never know what had happened to my child.

4. How would you feel about giving your child up for adoption?

It would be hard to give my child up for adoption but I know that is what I would have to do. I would be sad to see my child go to another family but I would know that it was the best thing in the long run.

5. How would you feel about keeping the baby and raising it?

It would amazing having a child but it would also be a HUGE responsibility and right now I wouldn't be ready for that. Having a child would affect everything I do. I would no longer be able to swim and hang out with my friends. I would have to be home looking after the baby.

6. Would you marry the baby's father?

I might marry the baby's father but not because we had the baby. I wouldn't let the fact that we now had a child be our reason for marrying. It would have to be that we were both in love. I wouldn't marry a guy just because of a baby but that's not saying that I wouldn't marry the father if we both loved each other.

7. How would your parents feel if you were pregnant?

My parents would be disappointed in me for having sex and getting pregnant when I was still in high school. They know that I'm not ready for the responsibility of having a baby and would probably try to get me to put it up for adoption.

8. How would your friends feel about you if you were pregnant?

I think my friends would stick by my side, even if I was pregnant. I hope that they would be there to support me and help me get through this time.

9. Would you want to keep seeing the baby's father?

It really depends on the situation. If the father was willing to help me during my pregnancy and was there for me I might want to keep seeing him. If he wasn't there and didn't want anything to do with me now that I was pregnant then, no, I probably wouldn't want to see him.


Male Perspective

1. How would you feel if your girlfriend were pregnant?

I wouldn't know what to do. I would probably be freaking out because I wouldn't want a baby. I would help her during the pregnancy but would definitely suggest that we put it up for adoption.

2. What do you think you and she should do?

I think that we should be three for each other. We should support each other and talk to both of our parents about the situation and figure out the best way to deal with it.

3. How would having a child affect your life?

Having a child would totally affect my life. It would be weird to have a kid and I am definitely not ready for one. It would also be weird to never know my kid if we gave it up for adoption.

4. How would you feel about giving your child up for adoption?

It would be hard never knowing my kid if we decided to put it up for adoption but adoption is probably the route that we would go. Neither of us would be ready for having a baby and if it was adopted, its new family would want a baby and have the financial means to take care of it.

5. How would you feel about keeping the baby and raising it?

I don't think I would be able to raise a baby. These are the best years of my life, in high school, and raising a baby would complicate everything. I'm not ready for all the responsibility of raising a child.

6. Would you marry your girlfriend?

I might marry my girlfriend if we were in love. If it was a one night stand or a short term relationship then no, I wouldn't marry her just because we had a baby. I would put the kid up for adoption.

7. How would your parents feel if they know your girlfriend was pregnant?

My parents would be disappointed in me for being reckless. They would help me get through it though and would be there for me.

8. How would your friends feel about you if they know your girlfriend was pregnant?

My friends would think that I was stupid for getting a girl pregnant. They would definitely tease me about it but they wouldn't be serious, they would stick by my side.

9. Would you want to keep seeing you girlfriend?

It really depends on whether or not we were in love. If we loved each other and wanted to keep the relationship going then sure, I have no objections to keep seeing the girl. If she was bitter about the pregnancy though I don't think I would be able to keep dating her.

No comments: